A Festival-carnival "Count of May" is a unique event of Riga, which has been prepared by Riga residents for the past 9 years. This European culture tradition came to Riga in the Middle Ages and today it is shining in new bright colors!
This is the only spring carnival in the Baltics with the preservation of important elements of the cultural and historical tradition of the city.
It brings together a variety of cultures, eras and people. We are for creativity and inspiration. We are for the common spring and the common sun. We are for the carnival for everyone!
Come to the holiday in a carnival costume or rent it right at the festival - and you will feel the whole essence of the holiday from the inside!
10:00 - 22:00
- medieval fair of artisans and craftsmen
- creative and craft workshops
- medieval attractions for adults and children
- knights tournaments and demonstrative fights of knights
- tournament for children and juniors "Sir Roland Cup"
- concert program on the main stage
- costume contest "Modern Renaissance"
- May Count Awarding and May Countess Choice
- city quest
- carnival costume rental
- photo angles
- medieval cafes
- esoteric games and counseling
- archery and other relay races
- fire festival "May Fire Fest"
FREE ENTRANCE. PLEASE CHECK CONDITIONS FOR THE ENTRANCE
MAIN ELEMENTS OF FESTIVAL
12:30 - 13:00 parade of festival participants along the streets of Riga.
Start - from the main stage of the festival.
Any visitor to the festival in a carnival or historical costume can participate freely
12:00 - 20:00 CONCERT PROGRAM
The May Count Festival unites the most diverse types of cultures and directions of creativity. The festival program includes both medieval dances and songs, as well as modern fantasy choreographies, performances by young talents of Riga, songs and dances of different peoples of the world
The program throughout the day: Latvian folk dances, Italian opera, Irish riverdance, German, Georgian, gypsy dances, songs in Latvian, English, Chinese, Russian, Hungarian, Ukrainian, circus and theater performances and much more!
Apply for the concert
13:00 - 17:00 TOURNAMENTS
- Tournament "Roland Cup 2020" for children and juniors (from 7 to 17 years)
- May Count Tournament (18 years and older)
- Demonstrative Knightly Fights
Apply for the Tournaments
MEDIEVAL FAIR 10:00 - 22:00
Vermanes Garden territory
Craftsmen and needlewomen, seamstresses and beekeepers, winemakers and artists, antique manuscripts and medieval arms dealers, blacksmiths and potters, wood craftsmen and culinary specialists - the May Fair is a medieval fair that runs throughout the festival.
Medieval motives are visible not only in the goods offered, but also in the merchants themselves, because at the May Count holiday we are all in historical costumes - traders, craftsmen, concert participants, and even spectators.
After all, we ourselves make this fairy tale real!